06.27.15 Central Park Conservancy’s Family Picnic
Theme: Play, Discover, Enjoy, and Give back
Remember those long summer days of rolling in the grass barefooted, cooling off in the water sprinkler and laughing, playing catch with your best friends, and how excited you were when you caught your first fish? Central Park Conservancy would like to invite you and your family to bring a picnic and enjoy a relaxing summer day devoted to family-fun Central Park activities; playing, discovering, enjoying, and giving back on Saturday, June 27, 2015.
The Celebration Begins! 12:15 pm - 3:00 pm with Mil's Trills
12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- Borrow a Field Day kit which includes a variety of balls, bats, frisbees, and jump ropes to play with on designated play fields.
- Learn to fish and register on site for one of our Youth Fishing Clinics (10 available spots for each age division) or check out a fishing pole and go catch and release fishing.
- Take out fishing poles and fish on your own.
- Learn how to conduct water quality tests, explore life on the microscopic level through water samples of the Harlem Meer.
- Check out a Discovery Kit and go on a scavenger hunt around the Harlem Meer to take a closer look.
- Take a break from it all and check out our newest exhibit; Ponds, Pipes, and People: Water in Central Park, to learn all about the history of water in Central Park and its role in the landscape
- Discover some of the equipment Central Park Conservancy uses to help maintain the Park in summer
- Picnic on one of the many nicely groomed and maintained lawns taken care of by Central Park Conservancy staff and volunteers.
- Stop by one inside the Dana Discovery Visitor Centers and sign out a volunteer name-tag, and choose either a trash-grabber or sweeper. Then pitch in by helping us pick up litter.